I want to build a home dashboard in my kitchen that is a nice touchscreen display of various home automation tasks and cameras I have available.
Here are features I’m thinking it needs:
- synced with various google accounts
- live home camera feeds
- light control
- internet bandwidth consumption
- power consumption monitoring
I have a HomeAssistant setup on an rpi4 that doesn’t do much yet, but can serve as the main server.
- 27 in ViewSonic touchscreen (TD2760) (ordered - $500)
- I wanted a 32 in but apparently they simply don’t make monitors at this size. It’s either 27 or 42, or a chinese kiosk brand that I’m not sure I want to dive too much in to making sure it works
- rpi 4 (already owned)
- wireless keyboared and mouse (ordered - $30)